Join my wife Valerie and me as we fly our Cessna 182 into the Canadian Rockies for an unforgettable flight in the spring of 2021. We pass down the Kananaskis Valley to the Kananaskis Lakes, then turn north up the Spray Lakes valley to Banff where we get an amazing view of the famous Banff Springs Hotel along with Bow Falls. We then fly up the Bow Valley to Lake Louise and then we turn eastward down what we refer to as the Valley of Death, back to the flatlands of Alberta and home.
Just did a quick flight over the construction sight of the 400MW solar farm …just in time before the thunderstorm hit…
Join us April 27th, 7pm CST ( Saskatchewan Time!)
Topic: Learn with ATC! Red Deer New Tower
and Guest Presenter: Joel Elder, ATC Nav Canada
Time: Apr 27, 2021 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Learn how to enter airspace, radio practice calls, tips and tricks for you!
Meeting ID: 893 1254 1169
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,89312541169#,,,,792596# US (San Jose) +12532158782,,89312541169#,,,,792596# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 893 1254 1169
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbT71EecIY
Seems Alberta is really going all out with the building of Solar Farms..just started the largest one yet. This 400MW solar farm is located about a 15 minute flight SE of my home airport of Vulcan.
Built in 2003 this Volksplane has many upgrades including:
- Built as single place with roomy 29½” wide cockpit
- Full canopy
- Push-pull control rods for ailerons and elevator
- Counter-balanced ailerons, elevator and rudder
- 18 USG fuel in wing tanks for safety and more range
- Cub style landing gear with coil springs
- Matco Tail wheel
- Well-equipped panel
- Adjustable seat fore and aft
- Integrated VHF comm antenna
- Excellent paint and fabric with Endura.
- TTAF 230 hours, always hangared.
- Engine is currently disassembled.
- VW 1776cc with a 1.61 re-drive (3 rd generation) from Valley Engineering.
- Re-drive allows longer prop for better performance.
- Diehl accessory case for full electrics with starter (no hand propping)
- 72” x 48” Culver wooden prop.
The airframe is ready to fly but needs an engine re-build or a different engine such as a small Continental or Rotax 912.
I have 2 options available for purchase.
Sell the plane outright, or
- Sell the plane as a 50% partnership and we put it back in the air with a rebuilt VW or a different engine.
- Sale price is $6000, or, ½ share for cost of engine of similar value.