Seems Alberta is really going all out with the building of Solar Farms..just started the largest one yet. This 400MW solar farm is located about a 15 minute flight SE of my home airport of Vulcan.
Built in 2003 this Volksplane has many upgrades including:
- Built as single place with roomy 29½” wide cockpit
- Full canopy
- Push-pull control rods for ailerons and elevator
- Counter-balanced ailerons, elevator and rudder
- 18 USG fuel in wing tanks for safety and more range
- Cub style landing gear with coil springs
- Matco Tail wheel
- Well-equipped panel
- Adjustable seat fore and aft
- Integrated VHF comm antenna
- Excellent paint and fabric with Endura.
- TTAF 230 hours, always hangared.
- Engine is currently disassembled.
- VW 1776cc with a 1.61 re-drive (3 rd generation) from Valley Engineering.
- Re-drive allows longer prop for better performance.
- Diehl accessory case for full electrics with starter (no hand propping)
- 72” x 48” Culver wooden prop.
The airframe is ready to fly but needs an engine re-build or a different engine such as a small Continental or Rotax 912.
I have 2 options available for purchase.
Sell the plane outright, or
- Sell the plane as a 50% partnership and we put it back in the air with a rebuilt VW or a different engine.
- Sale price is $6000, or, ½ share for cost of engine of similar value.
Good precautions taken, so why not keep these events going? Thanks Bob
Just sold my Merlin GT after 5 years of absolute fantastic adventures with it. It will be missed.
Local pilots catching up after Covid separation.
There have been many instances of incredible acts of bravery and bizarre cases of survival that would normally seem impossible. Flt. Sgt. Nicholas Alkemade falling from 18,000ft without a parachute is just one of very many. Another such remarkable event occurred on May 3rd 1943, when twelve Lockheed Venturas attacked a Dutch Power Station near […]Sgt. William Stannard – 487 Sqn RAF – Miraculous Escape — Aviation Trails